Compensation Consultant - Irving, TX
Health Management Systems
We are seeking a talented individual to join the Compensation Team. The primary function of this role is to serve as strategic partner consulting with business leaders, and other teams within Human Resources to lead broad projects and provide compensation solutions. The Compensation Consultant will The incumbent will educate leaders regarding HMS’s compensation philosophy, strategy; and will apply best practices to design competitive and effective compensation plans. The incumbent will routinely interpret and ensure regulatory compliance of compensation programs.
- Develop strategic partnerships in a way that expands the understanding of compensation principles and programs and maintains data integrity and compliance with guidelines.
- Conduct rigorous analysis of multiple and complex data sources (compensation surveys, market research, and best practices) to create various compensation models. Asks well-informed questions to understand the business and to diagnose departmental compensation needs.
- Evaluate and price jobs across the organization, documenting responsibilities and requirements in the job analysis tool and in job descriptions.
- Lead and/or participate in the facilitation of annual performance management, incentive, or compensation planning process.
- May manage administration of monthly, quarterly or annual variable pay programs.
- Train managers on compensation structure, philosophy, and guidelines/best practices, including variable pay and long-term incentives, as appropriate.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring for compensation team members.
- Engage, influence, and consult with HR Business Partners, managers, senior management and executives to include analysis and evaluation, market pricing, compliance, and compensation design and planning.
- Actively seek industry-specific data to obtain in-depth understanding of the market and industry-specific compensation trends.
- Inform and recommend solutions to ensure compensation programs are industry-aligned and best in class and builds internal relationships and external networks.
- Leads or participates in organization-wide or HR-sponsored special projects and initiatives.
- May participate in compensation due diligence and integration activities related to mergers and acquisitions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Education, Experience, and/or skill(s):
Certificate in Compensation Administration such as World at Work Certified Compensation Professionals (CCP), SHRM, or HRCI preferred.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Click here to apply