Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, provides base pay, internal equity and market analysis, evaluates and makes appropriate salary recommendations.
- Review and use job descriptions to complete participation in published market salary surveys, and to identify competitive pay ranges and rates. Provide daily compensation services to Recruiting, HR Consultants, and Management to analyze internal pay compression and develop competitive hiring offers for qualified job candidates.
- Update and edit job descriptions, and maintain centralized job description library. Administer varied base pay programs and provide documentation and support for all decisions. Manage projects, and function as a consultant to Management with regard to daily compensation issues.
- Provide compensation support to HRIS. Prepare input for JPS participation in local, regional, and national salary surveys by collecting, formatting and submitting applicable incumbent data in electronic and/or paper format required by survey sponsor within required timeframe; maintain survey library by maintaining publication schedule and organizing data output for use; ensure timely subscription payment.
- Respond to inquiries from Management, Recruitment, and Employee Relations to provide assistance or information for defining and pricing new positions and/or re-evaluating existing positions; make recommendations that incorporate analyzing labor market data, internal equity considerations and anecdotal information that support business objectives for pay rate decisions for current employees and for placing qualified candidates in Network positions.
- Prepare records on the validity of the evaluations and communication of recommendations for Management consideration and decision making. Create and assign codes formatted for use in the HR management system.
- Assist Management with preparation of job descriptions, providing process guidance to and benchmark job data for descriptions consistent with market documentation.
- Maintain central job description library. Audit and maintain master files for all job descriptions. Maintain consistent job title formatting and reference listings. Research forecasts for labor market changes in pay structures, promotion or merit budgets, and average pay increases.
- Conducts job analysis, cost analysis, and compensation proposals for administrative review. Create spreadsheets and reports for use by Leadership to develop pay structure movement recommendations and job pricing for JPS Network positions.
- Prepare communications and implement various components of the Network’s employee pay programs, including base and variable pay, and any applicable pay increase guidelines. Prepares year-end project reports, benchmark jobs analysis and compensation cost analysis for board approval.
- Performs other job related duties or projects as assigned by the Human Resources Directors. Adhere to JPS Standard of Behaviors. Adhere to JPS Code of Conduct, Compliance and HIPAA policies/ procedures. Adhere to JPS policies/procedure.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree. Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Compensation.
- Must possess hands-on proficiency and knowledge in the use Microsoft Excel, create and utilize spreadsheets, charts and pivot tables.
- Must possess hands-on experience in participating, analyzing and producing market salary survey data output. Must possess hands-on experience in performing internal pay analysis, and market analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Finance, Mathematics, or Business is preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of regulations pertaining to compensation and pay administration, and application of Federal and State employment regulations pertaining to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Wage and Hour standards administered by the Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Current Certified Compensation Professional (CCP).
John Peter Smith Hospital is a teaching hospital that is licensed for 567 beds with a Level I Trauma Center and with this comes opportunity and challenge to put all your skills and education to work for your community. Modern Healthcare magazine has recognized as one of the top 100 integrated health care networks in the country. This recognition is based on performance in areas including outpatient utilization, service access, and variety of services, inpatient utilization, financial stability and coordination of key functions throughout the organization.
The facilities at 1500 South Main have grown to and now include a freestanding outpatient care center and a dedicated facility for psychiatric services. We are looking for individuals with a passion to translating their knowledge and training into practice by joining in our patient care mission to improve the quality of life for our patients.